Putting Virginia's Future First
Virginia has a well-deserved reputation for good government and sound financial management. The Council is committed to maintaining the quality of life in Virginia and to enhancing the state's effectiveness in making the Commonwealth an even better place in which to live, work, and raise a family.
The Council helps state leadership develop an evolving roadmap for the future by:
- Providing a long-term focus on high-priority issues facing Virginia
- Creating government accountability and an enhanced focus on outcomes
- Increasing government performance and transparency
- Informing and engaging Virginians in a dialogue about the state's future
New Issue of Virginia Performs Newsletter
The Summer 2014 edition of our Virginia Performs newsletter is now out. Stories include:
- A recap of the 2014 trend changes on Virginia's Scorecard at a Glance
- The first in a series on how agencies are tackling key enterprise goals; this issue highlights efforts across state government to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay
- New assessment tools that give agencies opportunities to re-examine and recalibrate their performance focus
Read the latest newsletter | Subscribe to the newsletter
Workforce System Report Card Updated
New metrics were recently added to the Virginia Workforce System Report Card to better capture some key secondary education, STEM-H, and career-oriented outcomes. Indicators related to adult secondary achievement were also revised to better and more accurately measure how well Virginia's adult education programs are reaching those Virginians who specifically need such services.