Putting Virginia's Future First
Virginia has a well-deserved reputation for good government and sound financial management. The Council is committed to maintaining the quality of life in Virginia and to enhancing the state's effectiveness in making the Commonwealth an even better place in which to live, work, and raise a family.
The Council helps state leadership develop an evolving roadmap for the future by:
- Providing a long-term focus on high-priority issues facing Virginia
- Creating government accountability and an enhanced focus on outcomes
- Increasing government performance and transparency
- Informing and engaging Virginians in a dialogue about the state's future
The Virginia Report 2014 Released
The Council's Virginia Report is issued annually to summarize performance data over the past year, to highlight challenges, and to provide analytic information for leadership and decision-making.
This year's report includes a recap of the progress the state has made since last year in homing in on key long-term priorities in workforce, economic innovation, and state government operations -- and the new assessment tools created to track progress in these areas. The report also highlights some of the economic challenges facing the state, as well as its progress on a number of critical indicators.
One note: Important agency performance information normally in the report has been delayed due to an extended agency planning cycle. An amended edition is expected to be released in January 2015.
Latest Issue of Virginia Performs Newsletter
The Fall 2014 edition of our Virginia Performs newsletter is now out. In this issue we:
- Recap highlights from the recent Virginia Summit on Economic Competitiveness and Higher Education
- Profile long-term efforts by the Department of Social Services to streamline services and improve the client experience
- Highlight university spinoffs from Virginia Performs' new Innovation and Entrepreneurship indicator
Read the latest newsletter | Subscribe to the newsletter