Welcome to the Council on Virginia's Future website. The Council was established to develop a Roadmap for Virginia's Future and to assess the state's progress toward long-term goals.
Putting Virginia's Future First
Virginia has a well-deserved reputation for good governance and sound financial management. Striving for a better future will help ensure that Virginia remains a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
Spring 2013 Newsletter
Our latest newsletter is now available online. This issue of Virginia Performs:
- looks at regional differences in performance, as well as new tools for assessing regional strengths and weaknesses
- examines the background and goals behind the new Workforce System Report Card
- highlights a number of recent accolades Virginia has earned in education, innovative government, and energy use.
Check out the Spring 2013 issue of Virginia Performs now.
New Partnerships, New Initiatives
The new Virginia Workforce System Report Card on Virginia Performs tracks state efforts to create a high-quality, market-responsive workforce for Virginia. The Report Card's measures span multiple agencies and focus on educational attainment, career-oriented skills and outcomes, and advanced manufacturing.
- See our latest newsletter for more background information on the Workforce System Report Card.
- View the report card on Virginia Performs.
The Council on Virginia's Future is partnering with the Virginia Chamber of Commerce on Blueprint Virginia, a new Chamber initiatve to develop a long-range, statewide economic strategy that would further propel the state's economy and ensure Virginia's competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- See our latest newsletter for more information on Blueprint Virginia.
- Explore the Blueprint Virginia website.